Founded in 1858, 1CC is a small-town church, living and serving in our community, but participating in God's kingdom world-wide. We carry on the mission of Christ and the good news of the gospel by living it, showing it and speaking it - watching the impact of how God calls, heals, leads, equips and gives purpose to his followers.
* WORSHIP SERVICE AT 10:00
* NURSERY (AGES 0-3) AND CHILDREN'S CHURCH (AGES 4-11)
* SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR ANY AGE AT 9:00
* HOSPITALITY ROOM AT 9:00
* YOUTH GROUP (COYO) MOST SUNDAYS FROM 6:00-7:30
* GROWING IN KNOWLEDGE OF GOD
* DEEPENING IN FAITH
* TRANSFORMATION OF CHARACTER
* MOVING INTO ACTION
* Adult choir practices Wednesdays at 7:00 and sings 2-3 times a month in the worship service
* Bell choir practices Wednesdays at 6:00 and plays regularly in the worship service
* Worship band practices weekly and plays each Sunday in the worship service
* Sunday Hospitality Room
* Monthly Dinner Group
* Monthly Sunday Luncheon after the Worship Service
* Quarterly Men's Breakfast
* Home Group Bible Study meets most Tuesdays, September - May at 6:00pm at Brent and Alina's home (720 Dogwood)
* Quarterly Seminars - Spend a Saturday morning going deep in a topic of spiritual interest
* Sunday School - every Sunday at 9:00, an adult class, a teen class, a kids class
* Power in Prayer - gather together to pray on Thursdays at 7:00pm
* The leadership of the church consists of elders, trustees, and deacons. A monthly meeting with all three groups guides the decision-making for the church.
* Most members of the church serve on a committee where they use their gifts and passions to make a difference.
* Nursing Home Communion and Worship Services
* Meals on Wheels
* Food Pantry
* SWAT (Students With A Testimony)
* FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
* COYO (Community Youth Ministry)
* 5th Quarter Youth Nights
* Broomcorn Festival Food Booth and Gospel Concert
* Community Dinners (Held quarterly in partnership with the First Baptist Church)
COYO is a youth ministry for kids from 5th-12th grades.
COYO takes the CO from community and the YO from youth to symbolize the partnerships of area churches and youth and families to nurture the faith of young people in the area.
We spend 1/3 of the year meeting in one of the host church locations. A typical youth meeting consists of a snack time, Bible lesson, and game time. Once a month we have an activity such as laser tag, scavenger hunt, swimming, etc. There is a modified summer schedule. For several years, COYO has participated in an inner-city Nashville mission trip.
Arcola United Methodist Church
First Christian Church
Walnut Grove Christian Church
God is Trinity: Father, Son and Spirit.
The Bible is the written revelation of God and Jesus is the living revelation of God.
God created everything; humans were made in His image and for relationship with God.
Sin broke that relationship, but God restores man to Himself through mercy and grace, provided in Jesus' death and resurrection.
Salvation and a restored relationship with God comes through repentance and faith.
The Holy Spirit indwells each believer, who form a community called the church, where worship, service, growth take place.
Baptism and the Lord's Supper are two ordinances believers take seriously.
When a believer dies, their soul immediately joins God, and the body will be resurrected at the end of time
At the appointed time, God will destroy evil and create a new heaven and earth which will exist for all eternity.
Brent grew up in Arcola, but after spending his adult life in Atlanta, Moscow, and rural Pennsylvania, Brent came back home again in 2013 to pastor the church. His ministry background includes 15 years as a missionary in Russia, and vast experience in youth ministry. Brent spends his free time with his family - wife Alina, sons Ilusha and Ian, and daughter Eadie.