Founded in 1858, 1CC is a small-town church, living and serving in our community, but participating in God's kingdom world-wide. We carry on the mission of Christ and the good news of the gospel by living it, showing it and speaking it - watching the impact of how God calls, heals, leads, equips and gives purpose to his followers.
* WORSHIP SERVICE AT 10:00
* NURSERY (AGES 0-3) AND CHILDREN'S CHURCH (AGES 4-11)
* SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR ANY AGE AT 9:00
* YOUTH GROUP (COYO) MOST 2nd/4th SUNDAYS FROM 6:30-8:00 MEETING AT THE BROOMTOWN CAFE
* GROWING IN KNOWLEDGE OF GOD
* DEEPENING IN FAITH
* TRANSFORMATION OF CHARACTER
* MOVING INTO ACTION
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!
COYO is a youth ministry for kids from 5th-12th grades on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month, from 6:30-8:00pm.
COYO takes the CO from community and the YO from youth to symbolize the partnerships of area churches and youth and families to nurture the faith of young people in the area.
Most meetings are held at the Broomtown Cafe in the downtown area. A typical youth meeting consists of a snack time, Bible lesson, and game time. Once a month we have an activity such as laser tag, scavenger hunt, swimming, etc. There is a modified summer schedule. For several years, COYO has participated in COYO GO, a weeklong summer project held right here in Arcola, serving the community.
Arcola United Methodist Church
First Christian Church
Walnut Grove Christian Church
* Worship band practices weekly and plays each Sunday in the worship service
* Monthly Sunday Luncheon after the Worship Service
* Sunday School - every Sunday at 9:00, an adult class and a kids class
* Power in Prayer - gather together to pray on Wednesdays at 8:30am
* The leadership of the church consists of elders, trustees, and deacons. A monthly meeting with all three groups guides the decision-making for the church.
* Most members of the church serve on a committee where they use their gifts and passions to make a difference.
* Food Pantry
* COYO (Community Youth Ministry)
* Broomcorn Festival Food Booth
* Community Dinners (Held quarterly in partnership with the First Baptist Church)
God is Trinity: Father, Son and Spirit.
The Bible is the written revelation of God and Jesus is the living revelation of God.
God created everything; humans were made in His image and for relationship with God.
Sin broke that relationship, but God restores man to Himself through mercy and grace, provided in Jesus' death and resurrection.
Salvation and a restored relationship with God comes through repentance and faith.
The Holy Spirit indwells each believer, who form a community called the church, where worship, service, growth take place.
Baptism and the Lord's Supper are two ordinances believers take seriously.
When a believer dies, their soul immediately joins God, and the body will be resurrected at the end of time
At the appointed time, God will destroy evil and create a new heaven and earth which will exist for all eternity.
Copyright © 2023 First Christian Church of Arcola - All Rights Reserved.